If you've been riding the fence about attending, Lie-Nielsen is offering an incentive if you register before September 9:
Using the promo code below, you will save $25 when you register online for a Full Conference Package. In addition, you will receive a $25 Lie-Nielsen gift certificate, courtesy of Popular Woodworking.
Details are as follows:
• You must register before September 9, 2011.
• To register for WIA, visit: www.woodworkinginamerica.com
• Enter the promotional code: LieNielsen25 (this offer cannot be combined with other offers)
• You will save $25 off the the Full Conference price of $395, so you pay only $370.
• Lie-Nielsen will email you a $25 gift certificate on September 12, 2011.
• Lie-Nielsen gift certificates may be used for a purchase on the Lie-Nielsen website (www.lie-nielsen.com), by phone (1-800-327-2520), by email (email@example.com), in their Maine showroom, or by bringing a printed copy to the Lie-Nielsen booth at Woodworking In America.
If that's not incentive enough, then you need to check out all the updates by Shannon Rogers, who has been hard at work interviewing Chris Schwarz, Adam Cherubini, Megan Fitzpatrick, Charles Brock, Mike Siemsen, and Thomas Lie-Nielsen about the event.
Shannon will have his own booth at the conference promoting his Hand Tool School. He'll also debut his new joinery bench.
If that's not enough to entice you, then maybe The Blogger Challenge will. Mike Siemsen thought it would be fun to create teams of bloggers who will go tool-to-tool at the Hand Tool Olympics booth, located in the marketplace.
My impressive teammates are Rob Bois and Matt Gradwohl, and our team name is Foggy Bloggers. We'll compete against other teams in six events. All I know is, I hope I don't have to compete in the boring competition.