Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Blogger Partay at WIA

Nik Brown has organized an opening night extravaganza at a local bar near the WIA convention center.

It's being billed as a blogger gathering, but all are welcome.  My partner and I will be there to keep everyone in line as we will no doubt be the only teetotalers.  Although, she's been known to dance on tables and I do a mean Joan Jett on the karaoke machine. (Kidding. We're Presbyterian.)

Here are the specifics.

Date and Time: Thursday, September 29, 7:00 p.m. until they give us the old heave-ho
Location: Keystone Bar & Grill, 313 Greenup Street, Covington, Kentucky

Those who've attended WIA in the past will tell you that one of the very best aspects of the event is talking with other woodworkers. Doggone it, we're a friendly bunch. So if you're in town that night, stop by, hang out, make some new friends, and chat with old ones.  (I just turned 47, so I'm one of the latter).

See you in a couple weeks!



12 comments:

Shawn Graham said...

Presbyterianism is no excuse, everyone knows it's always the quiet ones. Plus, what happens at WIA stays at WIA (Though at this meetup it'll also stay forever on YouTube)

Dyami Plotke said...

I'll certainly try, though WIA is looking less likely.

Kari Hultman said...

Shawn, oh don't worry--I will have my camcorder with me. :D

Dyami, I hope you'll be able to make it. It would be great to see you.

Anonymous said...

Kari,
Where ever you find four Presbyterians you will find a fifth

Tom Iovino said...

I'm so there, Kari. Looking forward to getting the gang back together.

Oh, and I have a crisp George Washington that says you'll drink a beer that I buy you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Just another reason I wish I would be coming. I'm hoping I'll be able to attend next year and meet all these fine folk!

Jonathan said...

Sounds good. Since I'm not a part of blogger-nation, I'll just sit in the corner with screenless laptop and watch it all happen. If you hear someone yell "PAUSE!" you will all need to stop and hold real still until I get back from the loo so I don't miss anything.

:-)

Jonathan
========================

tom buhl said...

Looking forward to it.

Kari Hultman said...

Anon, thanks for the chuckle. ; )

Tom, that is one bet you will lose!

Beave, I'm sure there will be lots of footage for the folks at home.

Jonathan---> haha!

Tom, looking forward to seeing you again. :o)

Unknown said...

My wife and I will be there. I am looking forward to meeting everyone.
Joey

Vic Hubbard said...

Sounds great!! I get in about 3:30 on Thursday afternoon. I'll see you and Nancy there!! I'm very excited to finally meet some of the people I've met over the internet and a few I already think of as friends.

Kari Hultman said...

Joey and Vic, I'm looking forward to meeting both of you in person. :o)